Refrigerated Van Leasing
If you are looking to add refrigerated vans to your company's vehicle fleet, you have come to the right place.
In 2018, we teamed up with Steve Fisher at Essex Vehicle Management Limited (EVM) to extend our commercial fleet offerings and to now include refrigerated vans for the first time. With over 30 years' worth of experience in the food industry, including food wholesale and distribution, Steve brought a wealth of knowledge to the Pendle team.
This partnership has enabled Pendle Lease to establish itself as an industry-leading name when it comes to providing refrigerated vehicles. Equipped to work with businesses of all size operations within key industries—from florists, local butchers, catering companies and beyond—we have the right refrigerated and freezer vans for your fleet's needs.
What Refrigerated Vans Can Pendle Lease Supply?
Put simply, if you need a refrigerated van then Pendle Lease can source the van, arrange the conversion and finance before delivering it to you! Pendle Lease can supply:
- Small size refrigerated or freezer vans, i.e Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Partner, Ford Connect etc
- Medium size refrigerated or freezer vans, i.e Ford Transit Custom, Renault Trafic, Vauxhall Vivaro, Volkswagen Transporter etc
- Large/Long Wheel Base size refrigerated or freezer vans, i.e Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit, Citroen Relay etc
- Specialist refrigerated or freezer box vans
What Pendle Lease Has to Offer
We have all types of temperature-controlled vans available from leading manufacturers. Even if you have no knowledge of refrigerated vans, you don't need to worry; our specialists are experienced and have your best interests at heart—we won't recommend something that isn't wholly suitable for your commercial needs.
It is our goal to ensure that every single customer not only ends up with a refrigerated van and vehicle fleet that is suited to their transport requirements, preferences, and logistical needs, but that they drive away with the best leasing option available to them. This includes adding optional vehicle maintenance to your lease; this covers the maintenance costs of both the vehicle itself and the refrigeration.
Additionally, we only work with experts within the refrigerated vehicles industry. Our converters are industry experts, winning an impressive number of awards and accreditation, including Refrigerated Panel Van of The Year 2017/18/19. This guarantees that all vans—large or small—are in line with current regulations and standards surrounding hygiene, energy efficiency, and build quality. After all, refrigerated vans are more than your bog-standard Transit.
There are many refrigerated van suppliers in the UK but only Pendle Lease stands out for all the right reasons.
Refrigerated Van Leasing: Is it Better than Buying Outright?
One of the biggest problems facing businesses that want to acquire a fleet is whether they should buy or lease it. While it may seem like a better idea to buy a fleet of vehicles outright, this often isn't the case, particularly for smaller companies without huge amounts of capital.
By leasing your refrigerated vehicle fleet, you:
- Avoid the huge capital expenditure associated with outright fleet acquisition;
- Pay one fixed bill each month for the duration of your lease;
- Get brand new, top-of-the-line refrigerated vehicles for a fraction of the cost; and
- Can offset a portion of the lease value against corporation tax each year.
- Can add the option of maintenance, allowing you to keep all of your costs of maintained the vehicle and refrigeration in one affordable monthly payment.
These have obvious benefits when it comes to your company's accounts, creditworthiness, and cash flow forecasting. Your employees also benefit from driving brand new vehicles with the latest in technology and safety equipment.
Whether you need a chilled, frozen, or multi-temp van, contact us today to find out how we can help.
What Leasing Options Are Available?
As with any lease, whether it be car or van leasing, there are many options available to you. All of these options can be tailored to suit your specific requirements. It is important to know what you would like to do with the refrigerated vehicle at the end of the contract, as this will determine what leasing option our specialist advises you to go with.
The options available are:
- Contract Hire - this works exactly the same as any other contract hire deal. We have a whole page dedicated to Contract Hire, so please head over for all of the information you will need. In short, you agree to pay a fixed monthly amount over a set term, and at the end simply give the vehicle back.
- Contract Purchase - this is our most common product when it comes to financing refrigerated vans. A Contract Purchase works in a similar way to a typical Hire Purchase (HP): the customer pays a fixed monthly amount over an agreed period of time with a balloon payment at the end. Once all payments are made, that refrigerated van is the customers to keep!
- Finance Lease - Again, you pay a fixed monthly amount over a set term, with a final payment at the end. At the end of the contract, the vehicle must be sold to a third party. As the customer, you pay a 2.5% of the sale price to the finance funder. Any profit made is yours to keep. This is popular as it allows the customer to sell the vehicle, hopefully make some profit which then goes towards another contract on a new vehicle.
- Lease Purchase - lease purchase is ideal for those who would like to own a vehicle but do not necessarily have the money to buy one immediately. Regular monthly payments are made with a final balloon payment at the end of the contract. By taking out a LP, you are agreeing to purchase the vehicle at the end.
- Hire Purchase - this is very similar to a Lease Purchase, with the exception of having to purchase the vehicle at the end of the contract. As the customer, you do have the option of selling the vehicle on and settling any outstanding finance owed. We are able to quote on Hire Purchase with and without a balloon.
- Maintenance - we are also able to add the option of maintenance to any of the above leasing options (not available on Hire Purchase). When taking out maintenance on a refrigerated vehicle, this will not only cover the cost of maintaining the vehicle, but also the refrigeration.