Terms & Conditions
The term "Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 1st Floor, Upminster Library, 26 Corbets Tey Road, Upminister, Essex, RM14 2BB. Our company registration number is 6361003. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited's prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Terms of Business
These Terms of Business apply between you (the customer) and Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited for the acquisition of motor vehicles via various funding methods.
We offer our services to you which include:
- Arranging finance with a funder for you after you have agreed the rentals and/or payments.
- Preparing and witnessing (where applicable) appropriate finance documentation on behalf of the funder. We are not linked to any of our lending panel members.
We will quote figures based on our funder's rentals. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes on receipt of the full proposal.
Following receipt of your completed credit application form, a credit check will be carried out on you as part of your application process by the funder. If you are applying on behalf of a Limited company, you are confirming you have authority to authorise a credit search in the name of the Company and each director. We will only order a vehicle on your behalf once we have received notification of credit acceptance from the relevant funder.
Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited will confirm an estimated delivery time. Please note, that any date provided is intended as a guide only, and should this date change, we will notify you once we have the information available.
At the point of order, you will be required to complete payment of our Processing Fee totalling £165 + VAT. The Processing Fee is a non-refundable payment at the discretion of Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited. Full payment is required before Pendle Vehicle Contracts can complete your vehicle order on your behalf.
Once your vehicle is in stock, and only upon receipt of a correctly completed and signed finance agreement and, if applicable, payment of any balance of monies, Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited will arrange delivery of the vehicle to your chosen destination.
Unless stated to the contrary, prices include:
- The cost of driving the vehicle to your specified address, provided your address is situated on the UK mainland. Certain delivery locations may incur an additional delivery charge; and we reserve the right to recover this charge from you. However, we will advise you if there is an additional delivery charge prior to you completing the finance documentation. If you require Vehicle Transported Delivery (the vehicle is delivered on a trailer/transporter) this can be arranged at an additional charge. However, on certain occasions this can be standard from the dealer, please ask your salesperson for further details.
- Number plates; personalised registration would be charged at an additional cost, which can be arranged before or after delivery.
- Road Fund Licence (RFL) is included for the term (if applicable.) If the government change the road tax charges of a vehicle after the Customer has taken delivery, then in some instances the Customer may have to pay the difference between the old RFL and the new RFL costs
- Should the rate of VAT change between the placing of the order and the supply of the vehicle, payments will be adjusted accordingly.
- Choice of registration plate is not possible unless you are supplying a cherished plate. This would need to be agreed with Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited, the funder and their supplying dealer at order stage to ensure it is possible.
- Whilst Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited will endeavour to deliver your vehicle by the agreed date, information on "lead times" are estimates only and do not constitute an obligation to supply the vehicle in the time specified. Delivery dates are subject to change by the manufacture, and we have no control or influence over manufacturer lead times and will not be liable for any losses or inconvenience caused because of a delay by the manufacture.
- Proof of insurance is required before delivery can take place/ Please note that the hirer obtaining finance must be the main policy holder or a named driver on the insurance certificate.
- Your acceptance of delivery of the vehicle shall be conclusive proof that you have inspected and approved the vehicle, both interior and exterior, and found it to be complete and in good order, condition and every way satisfactory.
- If the policy holder is not available to sign on the day of delivery then it may be possible to have the vehicle delivered and signed for by another person as long as the policy holder makes this request in writing/email at least 48 hours prior to delivery.
Our remuneration is a commission payment payable by the funder. We do not take credit for payments due until the funding has been paid out. You are entitled, at any time, to request information regarding any payment which we may have received as a result of placing your finance with a funder.
The Financial Conduct Authority
The Financial Conduct Authority is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as a Credit Broker. Our FCA registration number is 679369 and you can check our status here or by contacting the FCA on 0845 606 9966.
- Nothing in these conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
- Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited is a member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association. Our membership number is 1511. You can find out more about the BVRLA and how to contact them here.
- We are a credit broker and not lender and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Data Protection & Confidentiality - Z197379X
We are registered under the Data Protection Regulations and abide by the requirements of the Regulations. The information we receive from you is used to provide quotations and arrange finance with a funder. You have a right to cancel your authority to use such information. Before or after you enter into any agreement with a funder, to help make credit decisions, the funder will make a credit search with a credit reference agency. If you are a company or partnership they will also make a inquiries about the principle director(s) or partner(s) with a credit reference agency. Full details of the use and disclosure of your information by the funder is contained within the terms and conditions of any agreement which you should read before signing.
All customer's records are treated as private and confidential and Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited therefore reserve the right to give you copies of your records rather than allow access to files containing records concerning other clients. If you want sight of your records please send a request to Tony Thorne (Director) in writing to: Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited, 5 Langford Court, Ongar Road, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 0LB.
We are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
Your Right to Cancel
You have fourteen working days after you sign the contract during which you may cancel the contract without paying a penalty. This is known as the "cooling off period". If you would like to cancel the contract you should request the cancellation in writing/email. For requests in writing, please post to: Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited, 5 Langford Court, Ongar Road, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 0LB. In some instances, funder depending, you may be able to waiver your rights to achieve an earlier delivery.
What to do if you have a Complaint
It is the aim of Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited to provide a very high standard of service to every client. It is important to us that all complaints are resolved as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients. If you wish to register a complaint, you must contact Tony Thorne (Director) via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone on 01277 549500 or in wiritng to: Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited, 5 Langford Court, Ongar Road, Brentwood, Essex, CM15 0LB. Our internal complaint procedure is available upon request our via our website.
You may be entitled to refer your complaint against us to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our response. The contact details are as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. You can email them by clicking here, or visit their website. Their contact number is 0800 023 4567.
As Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited are also members of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) you can also use the BVRLA's Conciliation Service. Complaints via this method can be submitted via email to email@example.com or in writing to:
For more information, visit https://www.bvrla.co.uk/advice...
Our BVRLA Membership No is 1511.
Conflicts of Interest
If through exceptional circumstances Pendle Vehicle Contracts Limited or any of its Directors or other customers has a material interest in business you asked to be transacted for you, we will make you aware of the conflict of interest and will obtain your consent before your instructions are carried out. A copy of our Conflict of Interest Policy is available upon request.
Treating you Fairly
We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
- Conduct our business with due skill, care and integrity.
- Never put ourselves in a position where our primary duty to you in comprised.
- Deal with any complaint sympathetically and independently of the colleague to whom the complaint is directed.
- Respect your confidentiality.
The English language will be used for all communications, the contractual terms and conditions and any information we are required to supply to you, before and during the duration on the contract.
In order for us to fulfill our responsibilities to you, you must:
- Read the documentation we give you and let us know if there is anything that is unclear or that does not represent your requirements.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement we arrange for you.